Here are seven reasons to visit the Emerald City.
1. Walk and wander. Don’t miss Pioneer Square, Elliot Bay Bookstore, the Waterfront and Pike Place Market and the Fremont Sunday Market. Everything listed below is within strolling distance in downtown Seattle. (www.visitseattle.org)
2. The Seattle Art Museum (SAM) is now an anchor in the vital downtown core. In 2007 there was a major expansion. (www.seattleartmuseum.org)
3. The completely restored, historic Paramount Theater is the performing arts Mecca in the city. (www.theparamount.com)
4. Visit the Seattle Public Library. This mid-town oasis features award-winning architecture, amazing views, art exhibits and a full calendar of special events. (www.spl.lib.wa.us)
Escalator in the Seattle Public Library
5. Wonderful food: try Taste of SAM in the Seattle Art Museum for lunch, Sazerac’s happy hour and Tulio for
6. Great hotels: The Kimpton Group manages the Alexis Hotel, Hotel Monaco and the Hotel Vintage Park in Seattle. (www.kimptonhotels.com)
7. Shopping: Seattle is hometown to REI, Eddie Bauer and Nordstrom. Need I say more?
Travel tips and websites for follow up.
Public transportation around town includes shuttles, monorails, streetcars and public buses. (www.seattle.gov)
Consider Amy’s Limousine Service as an alternative to a taxi ride from the airport; look online for specials and discounts. (www.amyslimo.com)
Take advantage of free wi-fi and 400 computers for public use at the Seattle Public Library. (www.spl.lib.wa.us)
Buy a copy of the Entertainment Book for big savings around town. (www.entertainmanet.com)
Safe travels and enjoy the journey…
Thanks to the various websites for photos, information, etc.